Wednesday 25 November 2009

Mr Big



I get this email - out of the blue yesterday, from a guy I had enjoyed a 'friendship' with some 12 years previous, basically, asking me to get in touch. How he got my email address, I don't know - I didn't have this address, way back when.

Anyhow, he was a contestant on Sir Alan Sugar's 'The Apprentice' on BBC 1 - I won't reveal which one! And, has since done pretty well for himself. But my whole reasoning is, aren't ex's - ex's, for a reason? If it didn't work then-why should it work now? Should you ever give love a second chance?

A friend says, that, we were both young at the time and people change. I'm thinking, that although it probably should - financial success, and even the passage of time, don't necessarily translate into emotional or spiritual maturity, do they.

It would be nice to believe that people change - but do they really? Although I've matured over the years, my personality is pretty much the same as it was way-back-then. And he was a memorable contestant - both in my life and on the show.

Nothing ventured - nothing gained I suppose. Let's see what happens. See picture - Sex And The City's - Carrie, and her Mr Big.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm! Well, you're right in the sense that personalities don't really change - but people can gain emotional and spiritual maturity by virtue of growing up - or at least I hope so!

    Should you give love a second chance? Hmmm...I think I would only if the person proved they wanted to be with me, otherwise there's plenty others out there more worthy to be loved than my past x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there often is this assumption, by successful men that they're irresistable, just because of their status. Such arrogance...Lol. He was funny though - always a good trait in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What ever happened to Mr Congeniality?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Congeniality made it perfectly clear that he did not want a relationship. I want to get into that Vera Wang gown!!!

    ReplyDelete