Friday 30 October 2009

David 'The Heartbreaker' Haye


Guys, I think I'm in love. OK, love may be over-stating the case just a little bit. But I'm sure I felt that elusive feeling for-all-of-about, half an hour on Wednesday evening.

What is she babbling on about - you may be asking? Well as some of you may know I am on placement at the Daily Mirror newspaper in Canary Wharf at the moment. And on Wednesday I got to meet and interview (well I held the dictaphone, while an experienced journalist did the interviewing) - the hayemaker himself. Yes David 'heartbreaker' Haye, the undefeated British heavyweight, at his training studio in Vauxhall.

This is all-ahead of his big fight next month, against Nikolai Valuev, the 7 foot 2 Russian giant, for the World title.

Picture the scene, music blaring, top off (his -not mine). And after being introduced - receiving eye contact, a kiss and a hand-shake, (swoon), the interview commenced.

And I must say, I was impressed. Not only was he physically-beautiful-beyond belief, but articulate and gracious too.

I found myself having to mentally repeat the phrase, 'no impure thoughts', 'no impure thoughts' - over and over again.

I must add here though, that (alas) the Hayemaker is in a long-term relationship. But if this is the calibre of men that I get to meet, doing this whole journalism thing - I want in.

No comments:

Post a Comment