Wednesday 7 October 2009

Equality is fine in the workplace, but not in romance.

So we're having a drink the other day and the subject of , what do you expect from a man on a 1st date-comes up. For the guy to organize where we go and what we do-I say. Not to have to get up India says. For the man to pay, adds Vanessa. 'Wow', says Toaks, nodding his head.

From our responses it seems that we have a clear idea of what we expect. Is it true then, that women expect equality in the workplace - but not in romance?

'Women have double standards, you want to be respected for your thinking, and cherished for your feelings-all at the same time. Men don't know what to do' (Joshua 28)

'Why is it that women expect that the money they earn is theirs, but the money I earn is ours' ?  (Shem 22)

I don't know about you, but I think it takes a very special man to treat a woman like a lady. If I was treated in-any-way unequally at work I'd be furious, but in matter's of the heart, it can never be equal.

Men, are we that difficult to understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment