Wednesday 30 December 2009

Goodwill to all Men

It is particularly relevant at this time of year, when we celebrate the values of christmas. That we should be mindful of the ways in which our actions or non-actions effect others.

And it seems to be a sad fact of life that when you're a kind person, that kindness is often viewed by others as a sign of weakness, that they can exploit, look-down upon, or violate.

I never understood this, surely kindness should be admired and appreciated when it is encountered, and not be seen as a character flaw in that of the beholder. So, to those, who in 2009, chose to mock my sincerity and reject my charity, no hard feelings. Next year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special.

And while making someone else feel bad, in order to make yourself feel good, may bring you temporary relief. It will be just that - temporary! Because it's universal law that we never really get-away with anything we do. Now that does give me peace of mind. Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment