Sunday 13 December 2009

Like a million dollars




After avoiding two attempts at emotional blackmail by men over the weekend. With one, choosing to be rude to me - because he couldn't get his own way. And the other, choosing to ignore me - because he couldn't get his own way.


I decided to try and rise above the negativity, and resurrect what was left of the weekend. So on Saturday night I met up with a friend of mine, whose a life-coach and motivational speaker. And I always know, that if my self-esteem needs a-little boost, he's at hand to give it to me. And before you raise that eyebrow in suspicion, it's purely platonic.


How great it is though, to have a person in your life who tells you how wonderful you are, whose never rude to you, and whose also brutally honest with you, telling it like it is - even when you don't want to hear that often painful truth. A true friend indeed, he always makes me feel like a million dollars.


Lesson Learned: My crown has already been made, I just have to remember to wear it... (Don't laugh).

No comments:

Post a Comment