Tuesday 29 September 2009

Can men and women ever be...just friends?

Why do women always think that you want their man? Just because you find him attractive doesn't necessarily mean I do! Under the right circumstances, I'll flirt with anyone - it doesn't have to mean anything. It's not a declaration of love or a statement of intent - it's just flirting.

I'd been friends with my friend Richard for 15 years, until he met 'the - one', and while we had engaged in the odd flirtation from time-to-time, it never became more than that. But from that moment on she controlled everything, and it was constantly 'access denied' - our friendship had all but ceased to exist.

Was I such a threat - can men and women ever be... just friends? My friend Leoni thinks they can't, she says that men and women can never be only friends because 'sex gets in the way of everything', and although he's your friend - if he doesn't make a move your left wondering if he finds you attractive or not.

So I'm left with the memories of the friendship we once had, and no explanation from him as to why our friendship had to end. One things for sure though - she got a great guy. I miss you rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment