Thursday 24 September 2009

Such a cliche

Do men pretend you have a future in order to get what they want in the present? My recent experience says yes. So I meet this guy and everythings going great - or so I thought. He was everything a girl could want - or so I thought. Good looking, attentive, polite and very, very gifted if you know what I mean.

I thought finally, lady luck had smiled on me. Then suddenly about 8 weeks in, Mr couldn't get enough turns into Mr nowhere to be found. And I'm left wondering what went wrong? Dazed, and just a little confused, I track down - yes track down Mr 'congeniality', only to be told 'babes, it's not you it's me'.

Can you believe he said that, how embarrassing, he drops the oldest line in the book, and I'm left literally having to pick my jaw up from off the ground.

Why can't men just be honest from the start? Just say something like 'look I'm not looking for a friend or a companion - I'm not interested in getting to know you on any deep personal level and I definitely don't want a relationship'. At least then I would know where I stood, and could decide whether or not to get involved. It would save alot of heartache.

It's difficult to stay upbeat and positive about dating when the bad experiences pile up. That is until this weekend, and guess what - I've got a date!

No comments:

Post a Comment